If you’re in social marketing, you certainly understand that every day you learn several new things that help shape your thinking and may potentially guide your future strategic thoughts. Too often, these learnings pass me by and are lost for ever. I imagine, the same things happens to you. So, in an effort to share what I learned this week, here are the highlights and look forward to this standard Friday post moving forward:
1) There are people out there who will broadcast video of themselves sitting on the toilet to the world and are damn proud of it – The New: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfamTmY5REw and The More Distirbingly Old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUUZkCWRHo
2) One word can change human behavior: http://mashable.com/2010/03/29/facebook-fan-like/ - But it probably won’t change the experience
3) The brightest minds are always evaluating - Mack Collier- and I’d certainly like to see the Fail Whale water skiing over a shark
4) Now you can buy anything from any form of content – http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/diesel-2010-summer-interactive-shopping-video-catalogue/ - but it probably won’t fit right and it’s only a matter of time before someone spoofs the terrible dancing.
5) There is always a new person to read and learn from. This week, it’s Dave Ibsen: http://daveibsen.typepad.com/5_blogs_before_lunch/
6) I’ll wait for the next version of the iPad…one that supports flash and has a camera and video
7) Another person I’ll be following moving forward: Mike Schnieder – http://www.schneidermike.com/ - People like Mike are the people you really want to hear from as Technology will drive strategy
8 ) Twitter Follow of the week: @joltsocialmedia
9) YouTube blocked my account for no reason… but I have no desire to fix it so I’ll just create another account
10) I just realized I have a Hello Kitty hologram in my cube and that’s a problem.
Until next week… keep learning and finding new people!